Sunday, May 31, 2009

Getting Caught Up...

We have been busy! I have a lot of photos to post.

While Zoe still isn't crawling, she can get around when there is somewhere that she wants to go. We treated ourselves to some Cheetos from the surplus table at the food co-op (just to point out that they are organic crap instead of just regular old crap :-p ). Natalie was eating some and got up to go to the bathroom. She thought that she left the bag well away from the baby. She came back to this...




Yesterday we went to an old fashioned kid's festival up on Copperhill/Ducktown. It was in an old building that was used in the copper mining years ago. The kids threw darts at balloons, played Bingo and Ben took part in an old fashioned cake walk. Of course, the golden boy he is, he won a cake! The child seems to win everything he enters while I don't know what I have even won anything in my life!





There was an old set of stairs that fascinated Ben. In my effort to let my children explore their world, even when (or maybe it is *especially when*) mainstream says it may be *gasp* dangerous...I let him explore. He got to the bottom of the stairs and exclaimed "Oh wow! I'll see you later" and that's when "adventure mom" switched places with "cautious mom". I thought he was about to go down in a mine! It turns out that it was just a tunnel that led under the hill we were standing on. So I walked down to where it came out on the other side and we explored that as well.




No comments: