Sunday, September 9, 2007

My Mission...

I read quite a few blogs about "living simple", "living green", etc. and they inspire me. But I find that in my day to day life, I often take shortcuts on my road to the more natural life. I am going to try the experiment of blogging my progress towards the life I want and see if the accountability will help me stay on track.

My mission is not one of "fitting in" or "being trendy" (although living green certainly has gotten to be quite the thing to do lately). My mission is one of finding myself and of being who I feel that I should be. I have been "different" since childhood. I have been a hippie since my past life and it carried into this one. :) So all of this is nothing new. More, it is just something that I am now able to do, as I was not able to live the life I wanted when I was caught up in the corporate hamster wheel.

I can remember, when I was about ten years old, reading something about Earth Day and being elated. I remember wanting to celebrate it as a holiday on the scale of Christmas. I also remember my family and my friends thinking I was a nut. Well, my family has finally gotten used to me and I have made friends that share my values so my last hurdle is the battle with myself and with my own laziness. Hence this blog.

No comments: