Tuesday, May 12, 2009

This is a photo of my medicinal herb garden. I have a goal of learning more about herbs and natural remedies before next winter (cold and flu season). I ordered just about every herb that Baker Creek carries...all organic and heirloom and made this little garden beside the chicken coop.


Then we went for a walk to scout out local plants that I thought would look nice in the yard. My goal is to have my entire back yard planted in something besides grass. It is my belief that there is no such thing as a "weed". All plants have a purpose, some have just been forgotten to time. So we got the red wagon, plopped Zoe inside and off we went to find plants. I took the ones that spoke to me - not really knowing what any if them are. I hope to identify them later in one of our field guides (and make a school lesson out of it - bonus points!). Poor Zoe ended up in a wagon full of plants and dirt.


I spent the next hour or so digging holes for my new plants while Ben dug holes looking for Cherokee Indian artifacts. :)

No comments: