Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Savannah Day One

Savannah is where Shawn and I took our first vacation together...not even two months after we got together. I have always remembered it as such a magical vacation and a magical place. I have been looking forward to bringing our children here. The magic is still here....and amazingly, so is the street performer whom we remembered so fondly from that trip!

Shawn recognized him immediately. I asked him how long he had been on the riverfront and he said "about nineteen years". We talked for a while and he sang for us.
We saw a private yacht that was built to look like a pirate ship. There was a sign saying that it is now owned by the Twelve Tribes (aka our very own Yellow Deli people). I thought that was interesting to say the least. I still haven't made up my mind about them but I am leaning towards the negative just because of all I have read during my research.
We also visited a candy shop where they make fresh salt water taffy.
We ate at a restaurant that is housed in the building that held Savannah's first hotel. Supposedly it is a very haunted place - which, for those of you who know Ben, know that being in a hunted place THRILLED him! I took a photo of him and there *is* a small orb above his head...








No comments: